We accept submissions on an ongoing basis. Because we both work full-time and go to school, we will not be able to get back to you very quickly so please only submit if you really want to be published with us. We are moving to an annual publishing schedule for the pdf issues. Simultaneously, we are going to be doing a lot more publishing on the blog, particularly short pieces / essays / book reviews. Any poetry submitted to us and accepted for publication in the Annual may be published on the blog prior to the release of the Annual. By submitting you are agreeing to both modes of publication. We will not publish any submitted poems on the blog without also including them in the Annual.
1. Length: We accept poems up to 3 pages long, short pieces up to 1 page long, essays up to 3 pages long, and reviews up to 1 page long.
2. Frequency: Unless invited, please submit no more than 5 pieces total per year. If you have been previously published by us, you're invited.
3. Format: If you're submitting multiple poems at once, put them all together in one document. The same goes for multiple short pieces, essays, and reviews.
4. Simultaneous submissions are fine. Just let us know if you're accepted elsewhere.
5. Do not submit multiple documents with one poem in each. Do not re-submit the same file repeatedly. Do not send us your books or long poems.
If you don't follow these guidelines, we will delete your submission(s), and you will not hear any response from us.
Before you submit, please read through an issue or two and check out the following poets to see what kind of work we're looking for: Ronald Johnson, Peter O'Leary, Pam Rehm, Lorine Niedecker, Audra Lorde, Joseph Donahue, Louis Zukofsky, Anne Carson, Robert Duncan, George Oppen, Robert Creeley, Basil Bunting, Ezra Pound, Susan Howell, Emily Dickinson, Nathaniel Mackey, Charles Olson, Gustaf Sobin, Jack Spicer, Robin Blaser, and Walt Whitman.